Salesforce is the world’s no. 1 CRM with a global customer base of over 150,000 companies. Scalability, cloud storage, and world-class apps for service, sales, etc. make it a popular choice.
Out of a number of Salesforce products and solutions, Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack is a popular product under the Nonprofit cloud. It is an open-source community-built software. Over 47,000 nonprofits helped build this nonprofit technology to help enhance constituent relationship management. It helps program management, donation management, trusted accounting, and more.
In this post, we are going to discuss Salesforce for fundraising and Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial for K-12 education in detail.
Salesforce for Fundraising
Salesforce for Fundraising is a nonprofit technology by Salesforce that puts people first. It helps you engage with both your donors and funders more and better. By using the fundraising solution, you can build seamless and long-lasting relationships with all your constituents.
Fundraising solution provides the following benefits:
- It connects donation pages and payment services to your NPSP to make digital fundraising easy and optimized for any device. You can also manage all your donors and donation data centrally.
- It lets you connect multiple giving channels on a single fundraising platform. This helps make capturing incoming, allocating to programs, and tracking accounting systems easier. You can also connect with more donors and grow recurring donations easily and speedily.
- It helps strengthen your direct mail fundraising strategy also. It provides record deduplication, address standardization, and enables address auto-updates via National Change of Address. It also lets you further donor acquisition and conversion with a multi-channel communication strategy on a single platform.
- It helps prepare donation data for your finance teams and helps you meet financial reporting requirements. It also facilitates the reconciliation of revenue to enhance transparency and collaboration within the organization.
Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial (K-12 Education)
Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial and Educational Sector provides education technology solutions to make education easy. These solutions help simplify recruitment and admissions, student experience, advancement, alumni engagement, and institution operations, etc. It also helps fundraising and grant management for K-12 institutes.
Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial has the following benefits:
- It helps standardize the donation processes, analyze the pipeline, and automate routine tasks. You can manage your donation cycle, improve your gift processing, batch audits, workflows, and triggers, data cleaning as well.
- With Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial, you can view all your constituents including donors, participants, parents, etc. in one place. It also lets you view activity history, programs, events, and custom info. You can also find out what your supporters like on social media sites through their activity over there. With this knowledge, you can make your relationships stronger and ever-lasting.
- The automated workflows by Salesforce for Nonprofit tutorial are customizable as per your organization processes. You can streamline your grants prospecting and management. With real-time analytics, you can streamline reporting efforts. You can also use the tools by Salesforce for Nonprofit tutorial to stick to your grants budget, save time, and prove accountability and stewardship.
- With Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial, it becomes easy to post new events and manage event calendars. You can also track RSVPs, get VIP summary reports, and create table seating charts, etc.
How to Implement Nonprofit Success Pack
To avail Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial and Fundraising, install NPSP first.
NSPS has several “managed packages”. These packages are bundles of custom Salesforce components like objects, report types, workflow automation, etc.
If you want to avail of NPSP, install NPSP packages first into a Trailhead Playground.
Trailhead Playground is a test environment to explore and test customizations without affecting your real Salesforce organization.
Note: Only up to 10 active Trailhead Playgrounds at a time are permissible.
To create a Trailhead Playground, follow these steps.
- Create the Playground before installing NPSP.
- Login to Trailhead. Go to the bottom of the page.
- Click on Create the playground name and Create Playground following that.
- Note your new playground name once generated somewhere for future reference. You can also give your playground a unique name to recall it easily. For that, you can click Hands-on Orgs in the Personal Settings window in the top corner and choose Rename.
- Press “Install NPSP” and click Save.
Once you create Install NPSP Playground, retrieve the assigned username and reset your password as follows.
- Click on the Personal Settings Menu by clicking your photo or icon in the top corner.
- Click on Hands-on Orgs.Personal settings menu.
- On the Hands-on Orgs Page, click the Launch button on the Install NPSP Trailhead Playground. It will open the specific Playground in a new tab on your browser.
- Click on the Setup gear>Select Setup.
- Click on Users.
- Find your user name and check the box next to it.
- Note down your username for Install NPSP Trailhead Playground.
- Click on Reset Password(s) and OK.
- Open your password reset email link and follow the steps to reset the password.
This completes your NSPS installation process.
To get help installing NSPS or managing it, click here.
How CRMJetty Salesforce Portal Can Help
Our CRMJetty’s Salesforce portal is a fully scalable and flexible customer portal solution for Salesforce. It is an optimized solution for the operational and productivity challenges of an organization.
Following is an overview of all its features that can benefit your organization:
- It provides secure access to your Salesforce CRM objects.
- It is fully scalable and customizable to support your organizational requirements.
- It provides support for both standard and custom CRM objects.
- It provides a drag-and-drop builder eliminating the need for coding knowledge to build pages.
- It helps you provide role-based access to CRM to your different users to enhance security.
- It also enables you to personalize the dashboard for your clients to make it attractive and easily navigable.
There are two biggest advantages that set our portal solution apart from the default Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial and Salesforce for Fundraising.
The first is the cost and the second is the access.
Consider it with a real-life scenario.
Suppose your nonprofit organization has 50 volunteers and 50 donors. The prices of Salesforce NSPS may vary from $576 to $1152 per user per year. If you want to provide CRM access to them all, you’ll need to pay between $576,000 to $115,200 per year - quite a big amount.
On the other hand, our portal charges only $3,999 annually from you. Be it 50, 100, or more users; the fee to provide CRM access to them all remains the same. This clearly saves you a big amount - a minimum of around $572,000 per year.
You can get a knowledge base add-on for an additional $199 per year only. This way, you can also publish your knowledge-base articles and provide access to them to users.
Ready to Streamline Your Nonprofit Organization Operations?
Salesforce for Nonprofit Tutorial and Fundraising are globally popular. However, their prices may be quite high for some nonprofit organizations. With our scalable Salesforce portal solution, you can make the best use of your Salesforce CRM at the best feasible price.
Our Salesforce certified developer team also provides portal solutions and customization services exclusively for nonprofit organizations. You can get in touch with us and get the best portal solution with all the custom features you need for your nonprofit.
All product and company names are trademarks™, registered® or copyright© trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.