We have made it possible to let you create a case on behalf of partner account in customer self-service portal.
To create the case on behalf of the partner follow the below steps:
- Here we have configured the Customer Self-Service Portal.
- In the portal, by default, you will see, in the case form, only the logged-in user will be available in the lookup field and no accounts available.
- To set and view partner accounts/contacts in the portal, we need to assign accounts to users and configure partners for that accounts. When provisioning the portal, it will create some relationships in CRM and you will find this relationship in dependencies in the MicrosoftPortalDependencies solution in CRM.
- In the D365 Account form, you will find Managed Accounts and Managed Contacts in the related tab. Both these relationships are used for the partner management flow.
- From here, set the Partner account and contacts for the account.
- Here I have added 2 partner accounts for Contoso Org Managing Partner and one contact in Managed Contact as a Partner.
- The second step is needed to add table permission for Account and Contact to access partner accounts and contacts from the portal.
- Note: The Contoso Managing Partner Account is assigned to contact(In the Company field in contact).
- Got to Portal Management App – >Table Permission under Security.
- Click on +New to create new Table permission for an account.
- Set below information in table permission.
- Set name of table permission.
- Select Account in Table Name
- Select Portal Website in the Website field.
- Set Access type as an Account.
- Set Account Relationship as msa_account_managingpartner. This relationship is for Managed Accounts which we have set in 1st step.
- Set the privileges.
- Add New/Existing Web Roles in which you want to apply for this permission. Here I have added Authenticated User Role in the Web Role grid.
- Now save the record.
- After that create a New Table Permission for Contact same as Account and set Account Permission as msa_contact_managingpartner.
- After setting Contact and Account Table permissions, clear the cache and sync the portal configurations from the PowerApps Portal Editor and check in the Portal side in the New Case form. The logged-in portal user(Contact) related account(which is set in the Company field in Contact in CRM) and contact will be prefilled in the Case form.
- Also in the Lookup Pop up the account-related managing partner accounts and contact will be available and you will be able to set partner accounts and contact and create cases on behalf of the partners.
- Here you will see Managing Partner-related partner contact which we have set in 1st step in CRM.
- Here you will see the contact Managing Partner-related partner contact which we have set in 1st step in CRM.
All product and company names are trademarks™, registered® or copyright© trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.