Save yourself from the hassle of sending elaborate invitations to join the Dynamics 365 Portal; instead, use the PowerApps portal to send an easily accessible invitation code to multiple contacts directly from Dynamics 365 CRM.
You can even configure Advanced Form for single or multiple entities in PowerApps Portal, making tracking and managing them easier.
To configure the advanced form, follow the below steps:
- To configure the advanced form, log in to https://make.powerapps.com and click on Apps from the left menu.
- Now from the list of Apps, click on the Portal Management App context menu and click on Play to open Portal Management App.
- The Portal Management App will open.
- From the left menu, click on Contacts and open any one contact to whom you want to send an invitation.
- In the Contact Detail Form, a create Invitation Ribbon button will be available. Click on the Create Invitation button to send an Invitation.
- The Invitation form will be open for creating the invitation. Fill up the form and save it.
- After saving the record from the top menu, click Flow -> Send Invitation. By clicking on Send Invitation, the portal invitation will be sent to the portal user.
- To check, copy the invitation code from Advanced -> Invitation code and test in the portal.
- On the portal sign-up page, a Redeem invitation tab will be available. Click on this tab and add the invitation code to the input.
After that, click on Register. After code verification, you will be redirected to the registration page with pre-filled information. Now you can register by filling out the form and using the portal.
Send Invitation to multiple contacts:
- To send portal invitations to bulk contacts, you need to create a custom on-demand workflow for the contact entity.
- To create a workflow, go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Processes. Click on New. Select Category as Workflow and select Contact in Entity, and click on OK.
- On the next screen, check the box As an on-demand process.
- After that, set the steps to create an invitation record and call invitation standard workflow.
- Click on Add Step -> Create Record.
- Now select entity Invitation and click on Set Properties.
- Next, set contact-related dynamic field values for the invitation entity in the next screen. Set Name, Owner/Sender, Invite Contact fields.
- After that, click on save and close.
- After the Invitation record, create a step, and add a step to call send invitation standard workflow. Click on Add Step -> Start Child Workflow.
- Select Entity to Start Child Workflow and select Send Invitation Workflow.
- Save the workflow and activate it.
- Now go to Contacts -> select contacts to whom you want to send the portal invitation.
- From the top menus, click on Flow -> click on the flow you have created, i.e., Send Portal Invitation to Contacts.
- The confirmation for selected records will be displayed. Click on OK to continue. The invitations will be created, and you will see the invitation mail in the contact detail timeline.
With these easy and hassle-free steps, you can share easy to access portal invite codes. You can add, edit, and remove the group of contacts for each invitation. This way, you will never miss out on any contacts. Contact the PortalXpand team for more information or to solve any queries.
All product and company names are trademarks™, registered® or copyright© trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.